Thursday, April 26, 2007

With the Good, Comes the Bad

I am having so much fun having my parents in Tallahassee. Last night we ate at Food, Glorious Food - sooo good by the way! I don't know if the people in the restaurant thought we were just plain crazy or just having a really good time. First off, we had Sam with us. We almost got kicked out by someone who I knew by association (huge attitude!). But it was fine because the other waiter chimed in and put him in his place - dogs are allowed! lol. So we sit down and wait for Kyle and Andrea. It was her first time meeting the parents and I think it went really well. The conversation flowed, everyone was cracking up, we were having a great time! This story sounds like it should some embarrassing or bad situation happen and it didn't at all - we all just genuinely were having fun, so it was awesome. It kinda made me forget how nervous I was for today...

I had an interview this morning that was pretty huge. If I get this job, it will be great experience and take a huge load off of the financial burden that comes along with grad school. I don't want to talk about it too much but all I will say is this - I hope I didn't screw it up. I was nervous, and was blabbering and just talking - I'm not even sure I could tell you everything I said. I was really prepared and I had thoroughly thought through the job qualifications and I had great answers in my mind. They asked the questions I was expecting to hear and yet I still was jumbling up words and stuff. But oh well - I'm hoping it came across better than I think it did. I won't know until the end of May - so from now until then I will be nervous - but if there is karma in this world, I hope something goes well for me once. Let's hope...

So now I'm sitting here at work - it's 12:54 and I have absolutely nothing to do. I know I complain a lot to the people around me that I have nothing to do and that's mostly true. But throughout the day, I usually have things going on. Definitely not enough to fill a whole day but enough to spread out throughout the day and get it all done and not be completely bored. Well today is different. The only thing on the agenda is taking the mail bag over at 2:30. Hopefully I can accomplish that without too much difficulty (insert me rolling my eyes).

I'm stuck reliving my interview. Don't worry - my pity party will only go on for today. I will soon enough be okay with how it went. I know that I did everything I could - and they just have to expect that people are going to be a bit nervous...especially when it is a 4-on-1 interview. Okay okay, enough about that...

It is now 12:58...

I should be out looking at houses with my parents - I contemplated asking my boss if I could take the last half of the day off, but I think this is too late of notice. Not that they would really know if I left anyways haha.

Ok - I just took a chance and asked her if I could leave...

She said yes!!!!!!

Gotta go :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whit,

if every day could be filled with bruster's and walks around lake ella--wouldn't that be great.

love,
d