Sunday, April 29, 2007

ATO "Informal"

I've been to three formals in my time and I have to say that this year's formal was the best! Not only was I at the beach, I was able to spend the weekend with Eric (although it was too short - and too much driving!). I forgot how much I love everything about the coast. The sand, the seashells, the crashing waves, the amazing sand castles and of course the pelicans! ;) I even tried playing a little beach volleyball - granted I wasn't that good, it is the effort that counts :) I'm usually a little hesitant going somewhere with Eric when I won't know anyone else. I've come to find that most of the time people already have their groups of friends and aren't as open to letting in "the new girl" - which is usually fine with me. But for some reason I went into formal this year hoping to meet some new people and not feel so dependant on Eric. And I succeeded :) Of course, I stuck by Eric most of the time (ok, I'll be honest - the whole time) but I could tell that I was being more social and it worked out because I think I left this weekend with a few new friends and I'm very excited about that. So all-in-all other than the food being cold and the steak being chewy like rubber (haha!), formal was a success. Being around fun people dancing to 80's music by the tiki bar under the stars was a perfect way to spend the weekend (thank you Eric!).

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WNM,

I'm SO glad you had a great time with Eric. Loved the pictures!
<----->