Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Journey

"For I know the plans I have for you...." Jeremiah 29:11

Everything happens for a reason...this is something I am hearing a lot lately. It is definitely something I want to believe but is this an overused cliche just to make someone feel better? Maybe. Last night while getting ready for bed, I caught a glimpse of my senior picture from high school. It is in a small frame that has the bible verse at the top inscribed on it. I thought about myself four years ago when I was graduating from high school and getting ready to come up to FSU and how I had somewhat of an idea of what I wanted to do (which is now completely different than what I graduated with). It was more of a dream really - pretty unrealistic but it made me think last night. If I stuck with that path, where would I be now? Would I have my dream job and everything in my life be perfectly in place? Possibly. But now I'm at a crossroads in my life. I have faced another graduation with just somewhat of an idea of what I wanted to do - but now its different. I'm filled with doubt and questioning in regards to the next step in my life. What if I take a wrong turn and end up doing something that isn't in my path? The verse says "For I know the plans I have for you...." I wish those plans could be made more apparent to me so I'm not nervous when I take my next step. But then we come full circle to the infamous "everything happens for a reason." Can I trust that my next step is happening for a reason and is on my path? I guess I will never really know. I envy people that know exactly what they want out of life. I have general ideas and general stepping stones that I feel that I will take. I guess that is the excitement that comes with being blessed to have choices and options in my future. I just need to learn to stop overthinking things and when I want to do something - just go for it. I know in my mind that there is nothing that I will do that will jeopardize my future and the happiness and fulfillment that I will have. But yet, my next step in life that is in such a gray area right now consumes my thoughts. The rest of this year is going to bring a lot of change in my life - I hope I'm ready for it!
Just a little disclaimer: I hope everyone that starts reading my blog, enjoys it. But more importantly, I will love hearing your opinion - so start commenting! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whit,
whatever path you take is your path, so enjoy the journey and take the time to " smell the roses " along the way. your nervousness about your path is normal, so just adopt "c'est la vie" as a motto when things don't go exactly your way. think how boring life would be if you knew every step of the path before you took it--I think you would be more uneasy if that were the case in life, don't you?

love,
d

Anonymous said...

WNM,

d is SO right!! Remember the picture of the one rose? Take time to smell it and enjoy the beauty of it. You have ALWAYS made the right choices in your life and you will this time. Everything will fall into place and then you will wonder why you stressed about it so much.
<---->