Friday, July 31, 2009

StyleScope

This post is a shout out to Simplify 101.


As an organization and design junky, I love learning about new ideas to declutter my home and make it beautiful. Therefore, one of my favorite websites is Simplify 101. It has tons of free resources (including monthly newsletters) that give you ideas for your home, office, or life in general. So of course, I follow the blog on the website. Yesterday, her blog was about figuring out your style. It immediately appealed to me because although I think my apartment is cute and homey, I wouldn't necessarily say it has a defined style. The post included a link to the Home Goods website, specifically to the StyleScope quiz.

Side note: My only criticism for this quiz is that it doesn't give you the options to see what all of the possibly results could be in case you wanted to compare and contrast. If I answer one question differently, it seems to give a new style so I think it would be interesting to see all the outcomes.

My style is: Country Classic.


I think it is pretty accurate. Here is what is says:

"You have a naturally refined sensibility with an appreciation for tradition and history. You value beauty, craftsmanship, and family heirlooms, but you like to open things up with pretty, easy-going pieces like painted wood or distressed furniture, lovely florals and other patterns, and bunches of fresh flowers that give your home a breezy, relaxed feeling. You love unique finds, have a thrifty, creative side, and can make these things work together.

You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect."

What's your style??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bohemian Casual! Not sure if that is really me, but the quiz was fun taking. Interesting.. Thanks for the website. :) <----->