Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shopping for a Cause

If you enjoy shopping, then we have one thing in common. If you enjoy a bargain, then we now have two things in common. I think one of the things that makes me most excited is finding a great sale and being able to tell people about it. The funny thing is, the items that I purchase that are the least expensive are what I get the most complements about. I love fashion magazines, but I could never stomach spending $400 on a pair of flip flops. That just doesn't make sense...

So I've been going on and on to say that when I find good bargains or a good website, I will share it with all of my wonderful readers. Today, I discovered Global Goods Partners. This website is dedicated to giving women artisans from Asia, Africa, and the Americas opportunities to sell their goods to consumers in the United States. You can browse the website for everything from jewelry to home goods to children's toys.

I will share just a few of my favorite items but I hope you will visit the website by clicking HERE!

How gorgeous are these bangles. They promote environmental sustainability because they are made of ankudu wood and vegetable lacquer. The best part: They are only $5.50!


The site has many beautiful scarves but I decided to feature the least inexpensive choice. These scarves are hand woven and I think that is so special.


Lastly, I thought these coasters were so unique. What I like most about this item is that the cost helps support advocates fighting for clean water for rural Swaziland.


I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What great ideas for gifts or just for myself! :) Did you order anything?