Monday, July 27, 2009

Taking Flight

I took my first flight when I was around 15 and the appeal hasn't worn off yet. I feel like I'm partaking in a miracle. I understand there is science behind why a humongous steel machine can fly, but part of that must be a miracle.

I know airports and flying cause anxiety for some people but not for me. I love everything about the airport: the excitement of knowing that I am doing one of most favorite activities, traveling. Of course, there are reasons to not like the airport: overpriced food, delayed flights, long security lines. And I don't mind taking off my shoes but I do mind when other people have stinky feet. (Is that judgmental? Probably :/ but stinky feet is the worst.)

What a great place for people watching. I can't help but wonder what their destination is and why are they going there? Visiting friends, visiting family, spontaneous vacation, business...the options are endless. Side note to the couple fighting in the terminal: you have taught me a valuable lesson. Anger is not cute and not impressive. I understand everyone has unhappy moments, but like PDA, it is better left behind closed doors. Funny thing is, I saw this same couple in the terminal on the way home. They seemed happy this time so good for them :)

It's a good thing I like airports because my flight going and coming was delayed. But the trip was well worth it. Stay tuned for my next post because I will be sharing some photos from Nashville and the time I spent hanging with my Mom, my Dad, and Sammy!

No comments: