Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm On My Way!

Well...i did it! Like promised, I submitted my application last night. My emotions have been up and down about graduate school for the past month when I finally decided that is what I want to do. On one hand, I'm so very excited to continue school and move down to Orlando. I am looking forward to learning more about myself and hopefully figuring out what it is exactly that I want to do. So many of my friends (and of course Eric) will be in Orlando, so that is definitely another plus.

On a side note: I think my parents are relocating to North Carolina. I'm really excited for them because I know all of the positives that will come from this move. But I am sad that they will be so far away, especially when I finally have the chance to move back to Orlando. But I know everything will turn out the way it was meant to. I am just not the best with change so it will definitely take some adapting but this is a life lesson that I am guaranteed to learn a lot from.

I'm hesitant about going to school because what if I go back to school and go through the two years of the program and at the end I still not know what I want to do. That is a big fear of mine. One of the essays I had to write for my application asked me to explain why I wanted to get my MBA now and how it fit into my ultimate career goals. Honestly, that was the hardest essay for me to write. So many people my age know exactly what they want to do and know the steps they have to take in order to get there. But! I also know a lot of people don't know exactly what they want to do - and that makes me feel better. I know that going to school will be a growing experience and I will be a stronger woman for going. But change is always scary, so there is that thought in the back of my mind of wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

I also found out yesterday that I am officially on the roster to play lacrosse for Rollins! There were a lot of hoops to jump through with NCAA but because of all the time the coach put into finding out if I could play, I am clear to definitely play my first year and hopefully my second year as well. I need to start practicing now - it has been over a year since I have even picked up my stick but I don't want to look like it when we start practice in the fall.

I also heard back from the interview I had for a job on campus as a Graduate Assistant (basically a Hall Director of one of the dorms). I have a second phone interview this week! Its for the other GAs to get to know me and let me know more in depth what they do. So I think thats a good thing! woo! :)

So like I said - I'm all applied so I decided to take this day and just do whatever I feel like doing, whenever I feel like doing it. Right now is 12:15 and I'm still in my PJs and I'm loving it! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WNM,

I'm so glad it's all done - now you can relax this week-end. I am so proud of you and everything you do..
<----------->

Anonymous said...

WNM,

"Change" - I think that was written to me. Thank you :)
<--->