Saturday, August 27, 2011

When God Gives You A Quarter...

Earlier this month I posted this on facebook:



I feel like this has been happening quite often for me lately. I find a quarter when I need it most. In a passing conversation, someone says something I've been needing to hear. Or they say something that answers a question that I haven't even asked out loud.

Like yesterday, I met with an amazing professor where I work. The purpose for our meeting was to talk about her programming in the halls. Somehow we started chatting about life and love. She said that falling in love happens when you least expect it. It is not something that can be forced. I know that is something that is said often but it speaks so clearly to what has been on my mind and it was such an unexpected conversation. I can only explain it by saying I must have been meant to hear that message yesterday.

She also said that we live in such a fast paced life and put so much pressure on ourselves to be always going going going. It is just as important to stop and breathe. And allowing for those silent moments will actually prepare you to be more present in your life and enjoy the fast paced moments instead of being overwhelmed by stress and pressure. This conversation happened the day after I spent some time talking with my mom about my habit of list making and how much anxiety it brings me to have to complete the list. So she was my cheerleader as I deleted all of my lists (yes, there were multiple). I already feel more free and the conversation with that professor just confirmed that I was moving in the right direction.

When you are going through a challenging time in life one thing that I know is bound to happen is your faith is tested. It's during these times that you really find out where your strength and foundation lie. I know it would be just as easy to explain it as coincidence. But being able to recognize these moments of confirmation allows me to stay strong and know that God is with me.


No comments: