Tuesday, September 27, 2011

If You Are Happy And You Know It...

I fully admit that over the past few months (ok, actually, for quite a while), I have relied on my happiness coming from a place that clearly wasn't permanent. My joy and spirit slipped away. Tears became a daily occurrence. Frustration has built as I try to figure out why I'm not feeling better.

So I decided I needed to do something. Even if it was small. I've learned that I have a choice: either I need to change what I want or change what I'm doing. I needed to find a way to remind myself on a daily basis that I am blessed way more than I even deserve. I knew there were things that were happening in my life that made me smile on a daily basis. If I could find a way to celebrate those moments, perhaps I would begin to understand that I am the one in control of my perspective.

Hence, MyHappyMoment was born.

The premise is easy: focus on the good not the bad, the happy not the sad,
the positive not the negative.

Just once a day is easy enough for everyone.
I think a positive attitude is infectious and contagious.


What I love about this movement is that when I sit down to think of what "today's happy moment" is going to be, I have several to choose from. That is definitely not what I expected. I am very excited to see the affect this daily exercise has on my outlook on life. I hope it influences others as well. As I get more enthused about MyHappyMoment, I think of more and more ideas to infuse a little happiness into the lives of the people around me. So get on board!



There is nothing more important in life than sharing
a little joy with the people you love!

**Follow MyHappyMoment on Twitter and start sharing your daily happy moment!**

No comments: