Thursday, July 5, 2007

Coincidence

I'm sitting at Panera Bread because that is about the only place that I will get internet for a while. So forgive me if it takes me awhile to get back to you. I'm finally in Burlington and getting settled into my new house. I have made a friend which makes it not so boring. I've also been trying to find a new church to attend will I am up here. I went to a place called Integrity Church this past weekend. It was nice, nothing wrong with it at all, it just didn't fit with what I wanted.

So my mom gave me a newspaper article on a church called Pine Ridge Church. By the looks of the article, it seems like it will be a lot like Genesis Church which obviously makes me want to check it out. The church is so new that they are only having preview services right now. So I will only be able to go to one before I head back to Florida.

So anyways, the article gave a website so I had it down on my "things to look up" when I finally got internet again. So I'm in Panera (Like 20 minutes ago) and I remember to look up this church. I looked on the website and was just clicking around when a guy walked up to my table and says "I don't mean to look at your computer and what you are looking at, but that is my church - I am the lead pastor" I was shocked! So of course I shake his hand, introduce myself and tell him I'll be there on the 22nd for their next preview service.

Their leadership team was having their meeting at Panera at the same time I am there - coincidence? Maybe, but still pretty cool!!

Anyways, thats the most excited thing that has happened since I've been here - thought I would share :)

No comments: