Thursday, June 28, 2007

Road Trip!

We made it! :) The drive was longer (longer than needed but we'll talk about that later) but the scenary was beautiful. My parents moved to Burlington, North Carolina (about ten minutes from Greensboro). And I've decided the most entertaining way to describe the ride will be in pictures.

Disclaimer: Just click on the picture to see it more close up :)


My Mom and I woke up Wednesday morning at 5am to get ready to drive. Here my old house as we drive away:



Driving through Florida (flat lol):



Georgia:




South Carolina:




Then the ride got interesting. Just as a little background, the night before we left I programmed my Mom's navigation with the address to the hotel we are staying at until our house is ready. Well apparently I didn't pay attention to the fact that it gave me the shortest distance instead of fastest route. So we were very confused when it took us off of the interstate. We through a lot of small towns and areas with no cell phone reception (a bit scary haha). But it was a beautiful ride, even if it took us a bit longer than if we had stayed on the interstate for the whole ride.

Here are the corn fields that we were surrounded by when we didn't know where we were:



Although it was beautiful



I was a bit nervous :)



But we made it to my new home state!



And now a little album of pictures of my new neighborhood:

The Entrance



The Clubhouse


My House :)


Views from my house!



So this is the house to our left. Does it remind you of the house from The Notebook?? :)


Isn't it all amazing?? But here is the real question. I have to pick which bedroom I want by Monday. Here are the choices:

Bedroom 1:
Pros: A higher ceiling (called a dormer ceiling, amazing walk in closet, and attached to a bathroom that also has a door into the hallway
Cons: Not as good of a view. Here is a picture from the window:


Bedroom 2:
Pros: View of the Lake
Cons: Smaller Closet, No bathroom attached to the room
Here is the view:


So I have no idea what to do!

Comment please and let me know what you think!! I hope you enjoyed my picture story :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are silly. This is a no brainer! BIGGER CLOSET!!! :)

Dana said...

What a cute idea! Love the pics! But definately go with the big closet and attached bathroom!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kim and Dana - go for the bigger closet!
<--->

Anonymous said...

whit,

i think you should lobby for the guest room. if that fails, big closet( kyle doesn't need all that room),dormer ceiling, attached bath...no brainer. you can even convince kyle that the view room is better.

love,
d

Kelly and Eric said...

Seriously!? You, the lover of clothes and all that is nice, are still even debating getting a small closet!? You're crazy, go for the big closet and nice room! You can always get the view from another room in the house :)

Kyle McDonald said...

nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

It looks like the view out bedroom #1 is construction... which means it might be something really pretty soon... and it has a bathroom attached, which I think is a big deal, and on top of all that, a bigger closet! So I'm saying bedroom #1.

And ps, its so beautiful! I hope you're having a good time unpacking!