Wednesday, October 12, 2011

28 Minutes

I have set a goal for myself that I have to admit excites me and scares me at the same time.

On January 21st, 2012, I will be running the Seasons 52 5.2K. It will be the third time that I run this race but this time, I'm taking my training seriously. I know my goal would be easy for some but it would make me feel so accomplished.

I want to run the race in 28 minutes or less.


One of the great things about Track Shack races is that you can look up your race time history for any race you've run with them. Here is the history they have available for me:

1/24/2009 - Seasons 52 5.2K - 36:29
2/6/2010 - Lady Track Shack 5K - 33:45
4/24/2010 - Run for the Trees - 32:27
1/22/2011 - Seasons 52 5.2K - 32:58
4/23/2011 - Run for the Trees - 30:45


I was bummed because this last Run for the Trees, I really wanted to run it in less than 30 minutes. And I think I would have done it but I got a cramp about half way through. The only other time I can remember getting a cramp running was during the previous year's Run for the Trees. What is up with that?!

Regardless, I am proud that at least for these races that I have record of, my time is slowly getting better. So I have a plan in place that will hopefully get me to 28 minutes in January. I figured if I said it on here, it might as well be set in stone that I have to work towards this goal.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!



**My favorite race memory - the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my mom!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
yES! said...

I managed to pop up here on the day you posted this... 4 years later. Lol, no more thoughts since?