Thursday, September 20, 2007

Taking a Moment to Breathe...

Wow - I am sitting here on my couch not stressing about school or work for the first time in three weeks. Don't get me wrong...next week I have three quizzes, a presentation, and a ten-page paper due. So there is plenty that I could be doing. But it is my weekend from classes now and I am going to take advantage of these few minutes that I can just sit here (and watch my new 32" LCD HDTV haha).

Graduate school is a lot different than undergraduate school. This is something that I have been told but I don't know if I really believed it. I'm good at school...I may not be great at anything but I know for sure that I'm good at being in school. But my classes, I would say for the first time in my life, are hard. Not necessarily because of the content but because of the amount of work that is required outside of classes. It has caused me to wonder if I made the right decision in going back to school. But I think I did - everything fell into place too easily before I got here. And I know that it will be a great accomplishment when I am done and it will help me achieve what I am put on this earth for. I have an idea of where I want to go with my life but I won't put it on here because I want the flexibility to change my mind ;)

My main goal this weekend is to finish the decorations in my apartment. My mom comes to Florida next week and I am determined to have pictures hung and curtain rods hung and everything. And I'm tired of having all the decorations in my room in a pile (well...a neat pile haha). And if it continues to rain all weekend (which I hope it does - it has been so peaceful sleeping to the sound of the rain), it will be a perfect time to get it done.

This past weekend I went to the beach for the first time in such a long time! It was so nice to be out in the sun - I had kinda secluded myself because of everything that happened back in April. Rollins took a bunch of students to Playa Linda for a beach clean-up and then a group of us went to Jetty Park over by Cape Canaveral. The water was absolutely gorgeous. Usually I'm not a fan of actually swimming in the ocean but that is where we spent most of our time. One of the people in the group had a jet-ski so we got to play around on that too...so much fun!!

Monday is when I'm starting to run again. I've seen all the lacrosse girls around campus and it has made me miss playing and working out so much. I'm thinking about helping out the coach on Saturdays. But I have to decide if I'm that committed because that is my only day to sleep in and I would be taking that away from myself haha. But it will be nice to start my day with an early morning run.

Hmmm....well I guess that's it! It's been nice to share my thoughts again :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whit,

well good for you--time for yourself is very important. and just keep your ultimate goal in mind, and realize when you finish there you will be among a select few.
you're the best!!!!!!

d